Categories:

Patriots Waltz into Homecoming

Patriots will dance a magical night.

The Patriot’s homecoming is right around the corner. The theme, ‘Waltz in the Garden,’ is a floral greenery aesthetic. Dress shopping comes with the excitement of dressing up, from students’ day-to-day clothing to beautiful dresses and button-ups. Homecoming requires much administration, so the Patriots can’t disregard the dress code. 

Senior class advisor Chad Shugart said, “We have those that have worn jeans and boots with a nice shirt and cowboy hats to those that want to dress casually.” Shugart also stated, “Homecoming is a semi-formal dance. There are a few requirements listed to attend this year’s homecoming. This includes a proper dress code. Ladies can’t wear see-through dresses, shorter dresses above the mid-thigh, no backless dresses, and no strapless tops. Another requirement that plays a vital role in getting an entrance ticket is absences. You can not have any more than three absences and no referrals.” 

Patriots can get their tickets by grade, starting with seniors, then juniors, sophomores, and freshmen on their respective days. The ticket sales begin Sept. 3 – 6. Prices will be $25.  Sept. 9 – 13 the price increases to $30. Ticket sales are located in the cafeteria during lunches. Patriots must provide a school ID to get a ticket.   Tickets will not be sold on the day of the homecoming.

The Homecoming doors open on Sept. 14 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the VMHS cafeteria. Students who do not bring an ID or are out of the dress code will be sent home and not allowed into the dance.