Patriot nation takes flight to London in 2025

The 2025 London trip is a STEM-focused trip, and an opportunity for students and adults to be abroad to explore the world. Michelle Thompson,  math department, and Marcie Stowell, math teacher, will be taking students and adults interested in going during the middle of June to have more time to plan. In order to attend the trip you must be 14 years old or older and students are welcome to enjoy the experience alone or be chaperoned by parents. 

The trip will be partaking in many STEM related workshops for students to apply what they have learned in school outside of school. A code breaking workshop will be hosted at Bletchley park, which is home to the computing museum where they cracked the code of enigma helping defeat the Germans in World War 2. 

Thompson implied that many students will be interested in the workshop because of how many people are in cyber security.

There will also be a workshop for students interested in Forensics to apply what they have learned in person. For students interested in the STEM engineering program they will take a trip to Salisbury, Wiltshire, England and attempt to rebuild Stonehenge using only primitive tools. This a great opportunity for students to not only get a feel into engineering but also experience rebuilding one of the earliest architecturally sophisticated stone circles in the world which no one knows who built.

There will also be a tour of one of the earliest known serial killers Jack the Ripper, a man shadowed in mystery from the 1880s.

There will also be a Jack the Ripper tour, who was one of the earliest and most widely known serial killers in the world, in London, England in 1888. Along with the many STEM related activities that students will be attending

Thompson is an experienced traveler with this trip being her tenth within the last few years. “ If someone’s worried about traveling or sending their babies off with just anyone, I’m not a noob traveler,” Thompson explains.  

She also indicates London is a good place for first time travelers because they don’t have to worry about speaking another language as they would have to in other countries. 

To sign up for the trip, and find more information in regards to the trip scan the Qr code below.