Patriots explore Disney World

Patriots explore Disney World

VMHS has a special tradition for their fine arts program in which they take a trip to Disney World every 4 years. Recently, The Patriot Fine Arts department had an eventful trip to Disney World during the week of March 6 through the 11. The road trip to Disney World was taken on a bus with a few difficulties on the way. The bus broke down twice, making them take 32 hours to arrive at their destination. But that didn’t stop them from the excitement and fun awaiting them. 

The instructors provided the students with two balance cards for the trip. One had $150 and the other having $30. The money within these cards could be used for whatever the students desired, whether it be rides, food, or souvenirs. Apart from the given balance, each department had a fundraiser. Orchestra had a fundraiser for coffee selling at $2, Students also had the opportunity to save up their own money.

Disney World in Florida is a massive entertainment complex that contains multiple different parks. The students visited Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Universal Studios and Epcot. Each park provides the students with a unique experience with classic Disney characters, fairy tale adventures, and futuristic technology. The Patriot visitors got to enjoy thrilling rides, watch spectacular shows, and immerse themselves in the magic Disney World has to offer throughout their stay. 

“The most enjoyable part of the trip was getting on the attraction rides with my friends. My favorite ride was the Velociraptor,” said Zakary De La Rosa, a member of the color guard team. 

“But honestly the most memorable part was enjoying the moments and cherishing the memories I made with the lovely people around me.” 

The trip to Disney World for the Patriots Fine Arts department was brimming with excitement and lasting memories. Beyond the exhilarating rides and attractions, it was the shared moments with friends that truly made the experience unforgettable.