The Student News Site of Veterans Memorial High School

The Patriot Voice

The Patriot Voice

The Patriot Voice

Cloudy with a chance of nothing
Krystal Dang, Staff Writer • April 22, 2024
Patriots parade for Fiesta
Makayla Garcia, Staff writer • April 22, 2024

Patriot spend weekend playing and winning

This past weekend was a busy week for VMHS sports, as we had soccer, basketball, and powerlifting.
The boy’s basketball team took on Tivy on Friday and came out victorious with a score of 66-44; The Patriots dominated The Antlers, not giving up the lead throughout all four quarters. The Patriots are currently 26-1 and are on pace to break the school’s winning record.
The Patriot’s next opponent is the Canyon Cougars, and it will be played at our very own bunker on Tuesday, Jan. 16th!
The Boys’ soccer team took on Wagner on Saturday at a neutral site and won with a score of 2-0. The Patriots did a great job, scoring twice in the first half and keeping Wagner to zero. The Patriots hope to extend their winning record and take on the 5-2 Marble Falls Mustang in another away game.
The VMHS powerlifting did a great job at their match on Friday. Avery Crouch placed 1st in the 132 weight class with 1220 lbs. Gustavo Gerado placed 3rd in the 148 weight class with 860 lbs. Tyler Drake placed 2nd in the 198 weight class with 975 lbs. Kyler Flores placed 3rd in the 198 weight class with 975 lbs. Maximus Gonzalez placed 3rd in the 242 weight class with 1015 lbs.