Patriots earn credits at super Saturdays

When students have plenty of absences, they can lose credit, and VMHS is giving opportunities for students to gain it back by completing PARC hours after school. They also provide a chance to complete quadruple hours on Super Saturdays. The Saturday dates include Feb. 03, March 02, April 6, April 20 and May 4.

Students must be present in class all five periods 90 percent of the time, meaning they can only have five unexcused absences. Parc hours are always after school for make-up and only during tutoring. Every student who has received a form will mandatorily get a signature when the student gives the teacher the form and after. Students take full responsibility for turning in their completed form to class A202. The administrators or counselors would approve the hours you had to begin with if they’re completed. If approved by either administrators or counselors, it will be submitted to redeem those hours.

Super Saturdays also have the same idea to complete and regain their credits. The time begins from (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.). The Saturdays give students the chance to complete four hours and gain four credits at the same time. Super Saturdays also give students time to practice for the STAAR. James Diaz implied that partaking in the Saturdays gives students a higher chance of passing the STAAR for students. In the end, they give great benefits, such as being prepared for the actual test and getting practice in.

The next opportunity for quadruple hours is March 2, 2024, in the cafeteria, starting at 9 a.m. and ending at 1 p.m.