Categories:

Seniors Suffer from Senioritis

Senioritis is a real problem that affects many Veterans Memorial seniors. Senioritis is “the lack of motivation felt by students who are reaching the end of their courses,” according to Southern New Hampshire University. After asking one hundred seniors if they suffer from senioritis, 76% of them said yes.

One of the seniors, Alan Martinez, said, “It’s been rough for me recently. I just don’t have the energy to do anything, and all I want to do is graduate and not have to worry about schoolwork the entire summer.” When asked if it had affected his grades, Martinez replied, “Yes, it has. Senioritis is so tragic that my grades have dropped a decent amount, but they’re still passing, so that’s all that matters.”

Another senior, Aaryk Trinidad, said this is the laziest he’s ever been. “I don’t feel like even going to school. This is by far the laziest I’ve ever been when it comes to school. I’m just ready to graduate and get this school stuff over with.”

Although the seniors tend not to want to do anything, some have been keeping up with all of their work. Elijah Nash, a senior Patriot, said that senioritis is “made up” in his eyes. ”In my opinion, this whole senioritis thing is all made up. Students are just being lazy because of the people they are surrounded by, I feel like.”

So, is it true? Is senioritis all made up and just a mental thing that students fall back on? Or is it a true problem due to the amount of seniors at Veterans Memorial that suffer from it?

First, students must set clear, manageable goals and break them down into daily tasks to provide a sense of accomplishment. Secondly, they need to engage in self-care and help one another. And last, students need to stay inspired by the reasons they started their educational journey. These are all easy to help the Veterans Memorial seniors from this “tragic” disorder