The Student News Site of Veterans Memorial High School

The Patriot Voice

The Patriot Voice

The Patriot Voice

Cloudy with a chance of nothing
Krystal Dang, Staff Writer • April 22, 2024
Patriots parade for Fiesta
Makayla Garcia, Staff writer • April 22, 2024

Thunderbirds fly-by Patriot Nation

US Air Force provides a birds-eyes view for the upcoming airshow
Albert Feliciano Otero

The ROTC Patriot Battalion will host the Air Force Elite demonstration team, The Thunderbirds, for an information brief. This brief includes details on what the Thunderbirds do and a short video. Shortly after the presentation, there will be a field trip to the air show stem display on April 5 at the Randolph Air Force Base in Schertz, set up for educational levels including SCROTC, senior college ROTC program, LOTC, middle school program and JROTC, a junior ROTC program. This is the practice and Media purposes only for the 2024 Great Texas Airshow. This day is not open to the public, but base personnel and residents can see flying acts as they practice for the airshow. Below is the QR code to reserve your spot for the information brief. 

“Even though we are an army program, we are excited to host any of our sister services. We want our students to have the opportunity to serve at any of the services if that is their choosing.” Lt. Col. (R) John Baker, ROTC lead instructor, said.

VMHS was one of four high schools in San Antonio that received the information brief from the Thunderbirds. 

“I am excited because I want to go see the airplanes. I’m very happy that I am the designated photographer for this trip.” Junior, Cadet Comm. Sgt, Maj., Albert Feliciano Otero Said. 

The public air show will be held on the sixth and seventh of April, and there will be free admission at the Randolph Air Force Base in Schertz. The gates will be opening at nine a.m. and performances will begin at eleven a.m. The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds are scheduled to perform at three p.m. on both days, showing off their skills in the air.